Tuesday 3 May 2011

both Dooley and Chilli go to grade 4 in the same weekend !!!!!




Blimey where has the time gone ??? have I been too busy kind of but mainly my work computer has been broken rather a lot and that’s where I write most of my blog !!!!

I shall now be racking my brains to try to remember what has happened in the last few weeks????

Firstly we headed off to Newbury with Sarah and Dan , Chilli’s 1st BIG show she didn’t care..... why would she? they had jumps and agility equipment !!!!!!!!!!

She was a bit off her head found it all very exciting she went round the steeplechase like a rocket finally having a look back to see where I was after she got to the other end of the ring and the other side of the tunnel ! OO !! there I am still waiting for miss cloth ears to listen to me and come back and do jump number 3 !!! which she did and then completed the course beautifully

Agility round for Dooley on the Saturday was awful not sure why he was just not feeling the love got me told off by the judge :P 

Then I took chilli in it was all going beautifully till we arrived at number 13 !!!!!!!!!!!!that would be what we had forgotten all about then !!!! the cloth tunnel ! OMG  we had forgotten all about that !!!!!!!! I tried running it like a normal tunnel but she went as far as she thought she could go then came back out the previously nasty judge held it open for her to go through which she did I said thank you and went to leave the ring.. Oh please carry on he said......... MEN !!!!!no logic in them !!!!! any way we did and finished the course with out putting a foot wrong

Guess what we will be training this week ??????????
 the classes were split Chilli in one Dooley in the other, guess who had cloth tunnels in their classes for the rest of the weekend? Yep that would be Chilli then so no prizes for her then

Dooley got his act together and finished 9th in the grade 3 jumping J

Dooley had some lovely runs on Sunday just clipped the last piece of the long jump in one class

But surpassed him self by coming 4th in the Agility it was a very big class that went on for days !!!!!!




The following weekend after training the cloth tunnel in the back garden with the help of a large piece of vet bed for added weight

We packed up the caravan and headed off to a very sunny Cornwall for the Easter weekend


It cooled down a little bit for the Friday which was nice as it was far too ht on Thursday for jumping

On Friday
Dooley finished 19th in the 3-5 agility was well pleased with that there were 289 dogs in that class  I got a bit close to one of the jumps for Chilli and the I made the weave entry a bit too hard for her !
In the grade 2-3 jumping Dooley finished  7th , Chilli got the cloth tunnel I was so pleased with her we forgot about the rest of the course LOL



Dooley came 11th in the grade 3 jumping

I think the day belongs to Dooley today J

On Saturday I think Mr Dooley was a bit tired he had a pole in the jumping forgot how to count in the grade 3 jumping and popped out at number 10 in the weaves though to be honest it was probably my fault  He then had a stonking round in the 3-4 jumping but clipped the last part of the long jump L

Chilli for got how to jump through a tyre to start the grade 3 jumping this weeks home work  then ! she then lost her mind completely in the grade 3-4 jumping and we spent about a week trying to get through 12 weaves ???????

But to put her self back in the good books she came 4th in the grade 3 agility J

On Sunday
The dogs only had 2 runs each in the jumping I managed to cock it up for both dogs ! for got to call Dooley in and he missed a jump after the tunnel and pointed at a jump that I didn’t want chilli to take so of course she did ! DUH !!!!!! but she did lovely send on weaves afterwards that may be I would have been to scared to try if we were clear so every cloud and all that !

In the agility Chilli clipped the 2nd jump and had the pole down my fault shoulders facing the wrong way the rest was lovely J

Dooley finished 5th even though he was naughty boy and I thought he had missed his end of dog walk so walked out behind him as he motored over the last 2 jumps so I couldn’t put him back on

It got me  thinking if he can finish 5th when I walk out of the ring... what could he do if I stopped fanning around and concentrated on the job in hand ???????????ummmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!

Only 3 days at work this week whooooooooooooooop whoooooooooooooooooop

On Friday morning I headed off to Sarah and Dan’s for the day what a beautiful place they live in

Dan made us up a course which we ran with and trained with Dooley in the morning we wont talk about the mishap L as I am still very embarrassed

we had a look at the wedding on the telly cos its part of our history so I guess we should know what other people are talking about in years to come LoL and had some lunch they have proper white bread J it was lovely (god I wish I was thin already !)

after lunch we took the rest of the dogs up to run the course and train some bits and teach chilli how to jump the wall J

then Sarah and I went off for a wander down the blue bell woods then off to tesco to get pudding loads of pudding while we left Dan to cook a bbq

which was soooooooooo scrummy as was the fruity cider

in the morning we headed off to wadebridge not such nice weather this weekend in fact its freezing !!!!!!!!

we all parked up where we had camped last weekend its nice to be surrounded by friends

grade 3 jumping is first 
chilli is on first she bounced the pin wheel and put her self out of line for the next jump and by doing so went round it but she did the most fantastic weaves out of straight tunnel J

Dooley next I bottled and did a wing wrap instead of a snake line as it would have been a hard angle bet he would have got it ?!?!? will never know now will I? He finished 4th J

Then
Agility grade 3
Dooley first this time we have added up his points over lunch he can move up to grade 4 but not before I give it adman good go of running him properly this weekend

He did a foot perfect round tight turns motored through his weaves wasn’t naughty on his contacts :p


Un like miss chilli who crossed right in front of me to get up the dog walk instead of going through the weaves naughty girl

I went and looked at tunnel fun it didn’t look like fun to me I think I would have either died through not being able to breathe or I would have slipped over on the damp grass and broken my leg again ! so we bottled it !!!!!!!!!!!

It was all a bit of a distraction really as I had sneaked a peek at Dooley‘s time and he was leading the agility class but it hadn’t finished and you know what they say its not over till its over !!!!!!!!!!!! 

Waiting was over presentation was taking place my heart was in my mouth

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he did it no need to move him up on points he is capable of doing it all by him self !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has faith in  me,  why would I doubt him ? he may not be the zoomiest collie in the world (well until he spies a Belgian shepherd !!!!!!!!!!!!)

But he is neat he is honest and he listens to me all it took was for me to believe in  him J)))


Staying at Bobbies caravan tonight we drunk a bottle of fizz to our dogs as Dylan had surpassed him self again today I’m glad I am leaving them behind they wont be in grade 3 for long I don’t fancy !!!!!!
We giggled like school kids way in to the night the perfect end to a perfect day
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  

Sunday

I didn’t have any early runs at all today which doesn’t explain why I was up soooooo early !!!!!!!! dogs walked given their breakfast showered tidied up still nothing to do for hours
Not very nice weather today BUT its not raining yet ?

We start the day eventually by running the steeplechase some one tell me why do they always put these on a hill????

Chilli is first goes off like a rocket starts to turn towards the wrong  jump there was no skill in me getting her back just in time it was just luck she goes like a rocket !!!! we think she is clear but not sure if she has been marked ?...............she finished 2nd !


Dooley next he is flying today he must have had a comfy nights sleep lovely clear for him ……………….he finished 7th



I am lucky Bobbie has no more runs till the very end of the day so she says she will queue  for me its miles long

Chilli first again she seems a little bit calmer hahahahahah! She does the most lovely round tight turns lovely contacts beautiful weaves bit creepy on the see saw but again that I am sure is my fault I don’t want her bailing out the side  a clear round how perfect



The we have Dooley’s interpretation of the same round  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!naughty naughty Dog walk !!!!!!! guess what this weeks training is going to be



Both the dogs get a big fat E in the jumping


We have some lunch do some chatting then it rains like you have no idea !!!!!!!!!! Bobbie knows the result from the agility she asked if I wanted to know I replied is it more than just a clear ? that’s all I wanted to know at the time now she wont tell me !!!!!!!!

They are reading out the results we are huddled in the trophy dog food tent its throwing it down I cant believe hw far they have got without calling her name 6th No 5th No 4th must be 4th we are good at 4th No 3rd No 2nd No !!!!!!!!!!!now I think she didn’t even get a clear round !!!!!!!! they call out our names and I promptly burst in to tears LOL...........god i am such a girl

Run out of the tent and there they  are waiting for me in the rain to get my trophy and my rosette !!!!!!!!!!!! now that’s what you call a fantastic trainer !!!!!! standing in the pouring rain waiting to see me collect a rosette :-) 

I think I floated around for the rest of the day we stayed to watch Bobbie and Dan clear up in the jumping packed the caravan up and floated home

Who would ever of thought it BOTH of my lovely dogs winning in to grade 4 on their own merits in the same weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!


Will it ever get better ummmm ? may be??may be not ?
 but if it doesn’t I will never love them any more or any less because to me they are just perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment