Monday 16 May 2011

all the way up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Last weekend was Blackdown Show at windy Taunton race course

I am late in writing this up again !!! as have no videos L I hate not having videos they are so useful for various different reasons !
Some times if I am luck I can re -live my moments of triumph!!!!!!
But
 Mostly I can watch to see where it went wrong and what it was I actually did  to make it go wrong !

I could have done with the video of Dooley’s 1st agility round it might have helped me ?? Did I have the right dog or had I collected one with cloth ears by mistake ???????
As I gave the caller my number she said some what curtly O you beat me last week !!! well there wasn’t much chance of it happening again in that round !
We missed contacts knocked the 1st pole down ! Dooley never knock poles  ????!!!!! it was such a disaster that by the  end I had totally given up ran towards the end just to finish and Dooley put in the most smooth snake line to finish that I hadn’t even seen when I walked the course !
AHHHHHH !!!!! was he still in there some where????????? ;-)

We carried on to do the tunnels and spread course where I finally felt like we had found each other again he put in a beautiful round powered in and out of the tunnels and ole big gob here spoilt it by shouting go at him just as he was jumping the spread and yep you guessed it he dropped a back leg and down came the pole…. BOO to me !!!!!!

Then came the call out that the agility had to be rerun as it had got so windy that the dog walk had to be removed so dogs back I to van and agility course re walked it was more like a steeplechase with obstacles this time still we got another go as every one had to re run it
Which we did no one was around when we did it I went the wrong side of the A frame and had to scoop Dooley round was not sure that he got the contact but there was no one to ask  

I then got chilli out to run the tunnel and spreads after queuing for ages Claire came over and said have you walked the jumping ?????????????? what jumping ??????it was so windy that I hadn’t heard the call out for the course to be walked Too late now it was just about to start !just as well it was in a ring on its own I could walk round the outside and try to work out what was where later Right tunnel and spread for Chilli bean I have no idea what she is going to make of this as I have never done any thing like it with her before
Well she was mental off like a rocket powering through tunnel to tunnel but still listening to me so turns were nice and tight no speaking to her as she went over the spread !!!!!!!! a perfect clear round J

After walking round and round the jumping ring and having some lunch decide it was time to give it a go Chilli was up first and I set her up just lovely to take the 2nd jump and the wing wrap over the 3rd jump and in to weaves !!! shame that wasn’t the right course !!!!! the rest of the course she did beautifully even the tyre finish !

Next up Dooley we had had a walk over  lunch and were I think a bit more together again I forget how he likes to be social and is happy to wonder around the ground saying hello to people before he runs he feels happier this time and the performance he put in proved it,

We then walked the grade 3 agility there was a bit of a hoo ha going on in the ring as there was a tyre that had to be used twice ! in not a good place !in the end it was moved it was now as the dogs came out of the tunnel umm still not sure how I was going to handle this Dooley would be ok but the angel was sharp for Chilli she would be fair motoring by the time she came out of that tunnel and is lacking in experience on how to get her self out of trouble ???? UMMM ???
Any how Dooley is drawn 1st so lets see how it runs I sent him in to the tunnel moved across the ring and was ready to pick him up as he  came out of the tunnel I saw his body twist as he changed direction to make the turn and get through the tyre it left me in a good position to be over to the a frame ready for the last bit of the course he was clear and it felt like a good run I was pleased with him But there was no way chilli was going to be able to do the tyre like that !
I spoke to Toni about it and It was decided I would wait by the tyre on the inside as she came out of the tunnel so she was more or less straight by the time she was hopefully jumping through it if she was to miss it we would just carry on with out doing  it ………..which is how we did it clever girl right through it like a dart no hesitation what so ever J through the cloth tunnel she is becoming an expert at these ! over jump then right back on her self to next jump then a frame I must admit to for the 1st time really in the agility ring I gave her an almighty push come on then hurry up I called to her as I was leaving her towards the A frame she was squeaking any way but it almost became hysterical!!!!!!!!!as she powered on to catch me hahahahahahahah! I do love her so she is such a funny girl J and a lovely clear round for her J  

Well to my surprise

Dooley had ended up 5th in the re run of his agility again too windy to hear the results Bobbie had collected my rosette for me ;-)

Chilli won the tunnels and spread by over a second  

Then imagine my surprise when Dooley won Jumping and I hadn’t even walked the course ! but believe me when i say I am not going to make a habit of it far too stressful !!!!!!!!!!

Then to compete the day my name was called out 3rd in the agility but not the dogs which one I had to ask as there was no way I could have guessed which one it was Dooley I had pushed round really quite hard Chilli I had babied though the tyre but given a push to over the jumps to A frame just to see what happened

Well I was surprised Dooley was 3rd and  Chilli was 1st  




Chilli’s time was 25.891 and Dooley was 27.498  you have no idea how much that excites me and yet scares me all at the same time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment