Wednesday 6 April 2011

O my Goodness I wasn't expecting that !!!!!!!!!!

Up bright and early far to early ! on Saturday morning 1st  KC show of the season , 1st ever  Kc show for  Chilli !!!!!!!!! 
Stopped in and collected Jon ,Elsa, Bob and Rock and off we went got to Exeter Rain drove out of Exeter rain stopped phew then bit further down the road it started again umm should we just turn round and go home the forecast is terrible ! are we mental? Answer yes probably !  we got closer to Truro the sky was brighter ……we were sure it was ?!
The others were there before us and had saved us a place by the ring  always handy just in case it rains !! still no sign of it (yet!!!!)
Jon and I were far to early we had no 1st classes so we mooched around chatting and watching nice relaxed way to start the day no rushing : -)
1st course of the day for us was Grade 3 jumping ….Chilli has been drawn before Dooley in all of our classes today ??? good idea not sure yet I wanted him to be 1st I had tried the combination that I was told would work on the entry form guess what it didn’t !!!!!

The course was lovely not changed from the grade 1/2 it would be idea for Chilli not so great for Dooley ! I am finding out now just how different they are going to be !!!!!!SCARY!!!

So deep breath lets just do it we were parked right by that ring so were watching the queue ! ah there isn’t one every one has wondered off lets do it now Claire queued for me…… I panicked !...... Chilli she was just up for it !!!!


On to the start line we went  she has started to push her luck a bit on the start I have to be careful she doesn’t break I put her back she has to learn Naughty girl ! how far out will I lead I am still unsure there is a long jump ? we havent done that very often < I decide to go  just past it………. I will just have to RUN  a bit faster  lol
 A BIT  faster bloody hell she went off like a rocket nice flowing course indeed it was miles long going right in to the corners I was never going to be able to make it there but I did  along the back straight in to the tunnel now going across the ring to jump followed by a right angled jump to weaves I drove to the jump remember to slow right up……. let her find her own entry  …….. I knew she could : -) and she did, she was smoothly through the weaves,  turn right to the home straight there is a long distance between the jumps other dogs had flicked to the right over the wrong  jump , power to the end power to the end I could hear in my head I can see her pulling away from me one jump two jumps may be she flicked her head to the right I kept running jump,  jump chilli
 yAAAAAAAAAAAY she was over the finish line !!!!!!!!!!!!





I was so pleased with her never in my wildest dreams did I expect the result that we got !!!!!!!!!! 

2nd place to Jon and Elsa he had beaten us by .300th of a second !!!!!!!!!  just think how fast she is going to be when she is a bit more confident !!!!! now that’s really scary and yet strangely exciting at the same time!!!!!!!!!




Dooley had a lovely jumping round  I felt like I was pushing him a bit today may be it was because I had run super fast Chilli 1st LOL




Chill again 1st to run in the steeple chase Hell fire I’m going to have to run fast  to keep up with her on this !!!!!!!!!!!







And as expected I am unable to be in front of her may be because I have babied her to the jump right at the top so therefore I am going to have to run really fast to stand any chance of putting in a snake as you can see NO chance what so ever !!!!!! so we bring in a few sheep on the turn bit of practice need there !!!








Dooleys steeplechase run he is a good boy so I know I can leave him to get the jump right at the top and run really fast (its fast for me OK ?? ) and am able to put in the snake line which worked really well but by goodness am I puffed !








After I get my breath back and Dooley has been made a fuss of we went to go back to the van only to discover that Poor Mr D has gone hopping lame L

That’s the end of his day ! It seems that he has jarred it as he has jumped out of the van!  I be lifting him out from now on though I don’t think I can lift him in with out breaking my self !!!!!!



Last run of the day was Chilli agility run   we had a good start good A frame nice contact   nice round of jumpps then she baled on the see saw !!!!

More practice needed there  I fancy !!!! the rest was nice,  nice tunnel , nice weaves,  nice dog walk till she got off the end so had to be put back on again ! Tut!!!









So our results for the day

Grade 3 jumping   Chilli 2nd   Dooley clear round

Steeplechase       Chilli 8th    Dooley 12th

Agility  Chilli some good training bits    Dooley injured    L




So all in all My van had a very good day out in fact Jon and I couldn’t have asked for much more he came 1st in the jumping and 2nd in the agility
Our trip home was full of laughter and happiness







I also had my friend Becky come to visit with the very Lovely Roxy and Teazel who was also quite cute


we didn't make a pigs ear of it today did we Becky ???

:-) 




No comments:

Post a Comment