Thursday 31 March 2011

let the fun begin !!!!!!




Well the weekend I have been looking forward to and dreading the most had finally arrived

NADS UKA agility show !!!!!!!! we have been told we were ready.......... cancelled training and entered !  my cries of” but we are 3 months behind everyone else” fell on deaf ears !

So we had packed the caravan,  packed the dogs , and were out of the village as planned by 11 o' clock it was the most beautiful spring day and  I had Sarah on  my blackberry chat to entertain me on the journey

We arrived at just before 2 perfect loads of time to get sorted loads of space to chose from well we rang Dani and made her chose cos we were chicken !!!

Got the caravan sorted the garden up and then took the dogs for a lovely walk around the show ground bumped in to some people I havent seen since last year

Ate our tea curled up in front of the telly and went to bed early al ready for the next day !!!!!!!!!!!!

Another beautiful morning up at 6 dogs walked and fed all ready for course walking at 8 !

Blimey how hard 2 dogs 2 different levels means loads of places to be at any one time with how many courses to remember !!!!

We will start here with the antics of Chilli bean

She had a nice little beginners agility course that I was training with her well !She was soooooooo excited she screamed all the way round : -)




She managed the 1st 2 jumps then over the 3rd up on the dog walk I was pleased she showed no hesitation what so ever offered me an end position that  I didn’t hold it long enough bad Pat !! then over 2 jumps to the see saw she ran past the see saw I called her back so she offered me end position again ;-) facing the wrong way ?! up over the see saw not a confident as I would like but she still did it in to weaves she missed the entry so I called her back and put her in again over 2 more jumps to tunnel we got the wrong one Lol but she hit it with speed ! then up over the A frame throwing herself over the top just her little legs sticking up in the air as she went over !!!!!!!!!!!! and yet still managed to stop at the bottom then a nice run of jumps to tunnel with a little bit of a turn to the finish jump and we were done ! I was and still am so pleased and I had finally stopped feeling so sick

Her next round was the yellow steeplechase which was a lovely course of jumps in a sweeping circles with tunnels  I thought we would be fine ; -) we started off ok then Chilli got faster and faster and didn’t quite get her footing right as she came round the top and clipped the pole with her front feet and then was a little tight on one of the turns into tunnel and knocked that pole so we finished with 10 faults  but we got some good bounces in there !






Our next round was the blue and white steeplechase ! I thought perhaps we should try and calm her down just a tad as she was running a bit wild so we took a deep breath and off we went up the first line of jumps  in to a pin wheel she was still with me across the ring right turn towards the tunnel slight turn in to tunnel out of tunnel in to the next one I had called her in the tunnel she came out facing the right way she was with no hesitation out of that tunnel back in to the 1st one again then just 2 jumps to home !!!!!! Yaaaaaaaay we did it a clear round at her 1st show on her 1st day and only her 2nd Class I was thrilled to bits  we could have gone home then happy





A while later we went to the presentation to collect her clear round rosette the 1st ones are always one of the best Dooley’s still hangs in my front room we waited there was much excitement as jo and meddler had come 3rd in their height  they called the clear rounds and they was not one for me and Chilli L had they forgotten us ? or did  we not get a clear ? my heart was in my mouth I was sure we did ! they called out 7th 6th 5th 4th by then I was about to die !then 3rd Chilli !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay  I was sooooooo pleased for her clever little girl





We then went on to do beginners jumping it all kind of unravelled a bit after that it was up hill 2nd jump was a tyre  we have only done that once before so I didn’t want to leave her to far behind because as I expected she went under it I popped her back through it easy the 2nd time !!! then she was gone disappearing in to the distance like a little black dot she had to do a right turn in the  weaves and was going to fast to get the right entry I tried again and again to get it right but still 2nd pole every time then I heard inside my head Toni screaming at me to STAND STILL !!!!!!!!! Oh yeah that works LOL if she had been there she would have had every right to have given me a smack for pushing her !!Bad Pat AGAIN !!!!!



So all in all a wonderful day chilli she is confident around the rings as well as in them totally focused on me and the job in hand a bit wild perhaps but what did I really expect ?!?!?! I was asked today?? She is related to Tigger !!!!!!How Bloody lucky am I !!!!!!!!!!!to have Half a Harrjak J

Poor old Mr Dooley was a bit side lined today I was a bit overly focused on Princess Pushy and I kind of ran him with out my full concentration  ;-( we had a clear in the blue and white steeplechase but I got in his way and slowed him right down Bad Pat again !!!!!




In the Novice jumping he got his own back by pretending he couldn’t hear me and went in the wrong end of the tunnel then thought he could make me look really really silly if he just kept going in and out of the tunnel J you have no idea how pleased I am that he is developing a sense of humour !!

In the yellow steeplechase all was going well till I tried a bit of layering he was past the entrance to the tunnel and well on the way to the next jump when he saw me veer off and decided he should have gone in the tunnel so kind of spun on is hocks and went back to it ! more practice needed there or running lessons so I don’t need to layer !


His agility was good all contact nicely hit weaves good didn’t fall in to the tunnel trap tipped the pole on the jump turning in to dog walk  cant complain about that


we wont talk about Saturday night !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday was freezing !!!!!!!!!!! till about lunch time when the sun burnt it sway through he mist /fog 
today it seems the dogs have changed  places Chilli was off her head !!! Dooley was really up for it 
we had a lovely round in the novice jumping  where we came 3rd 
for some reason i decided to stand and watch him go through his weaves ?????????? why would i do that ? i have no idea i know he like to be badgered through them or he just plods ! 




he had a clear round in the tunnel steeplechase loads of tunnels !!!!!! loads of fun :-) 


and with much grateful thanks to Sarah and Dan for making up the course and adding up the points we came 3rd in the novice gamblers 


here are the videos that most people will omit from their blogs ..... my dogs are by no means perfect but they did have a bloody good time and  i like to look back over these videos and remind my self of that !!!!!!!!!



one thing I know for sure ,,,,,,,, this year me an my dogs we are going to have some serious fun !!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Brought a tear to my eye. (I know what doesn't!) but some lovely runs and clever Chilli!!! Great start to the season xx

    ReplyDelete